Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Home environments effect in the classroom

 

Child playing with family.

A child's home life can have an impact on their time in school. A home environment is a place where their social and emotional development can be impacted because of the time spent with the parents/caregivers as well as members of the community.  More positive interactions with caregivers have led to having more positive interactions in the classroom. The more stressful environment at home the more likely the child's emotional and social development is to be hindered. The negative environments can also lead the child to have aggressive behaviors. These early years of development and the environment they are surrounded by will leave a long impact on their education and overall development. 

I believe home life is one of the main contributors to student success in the classroom. If the child grew up in a nurturing environment and knew they were supported, they are more likely to succeed in the classroom. I know personally, if I ever needed support in the classroom I knew I had that support at home to help me out if needed. Which I believe made me more confident in learning because I knew if I fell behind I could talk to my parents and they would get me the help I needed. I also grew up in a nurturing environment where my emotions were not constantly fluctuating with my parents being stressed which I think affected how I developed socially. Overall, I believe the environment where a child grows up in will impact their time in school and their overall development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Educational Blogging

 Educational blogging is a way for educators to share their experiences online in the form of writing. They can create a blog to share their...